European Honeymoon!

European Honeymoon!
St. George May 2012, Hawaii after that???

Sunday, July 3, 2011

The big boys fall the hardest!

This is going to be a short entry. Today Natalie and I rode from our house all the way down to Laguna Main Beach and I crashed really hard! (Pics to bellow!) Overall we were flying! Our 40.70 Miles ride took 2:45.51. Our mile average was 4:04.

A couple funny things today:
1. We really annoyed a bike team because they couldn't shake us. Natalie and I rode with them for almost ten miles and then we passed them for good. As a cyclist on a mountain bike makes you feel pretty awesome to overtake a team on road bikes.
2. I got a good laugh out of the Laguna Beach lifeguard. I asked him if he had Bactine or an antibacterial, but he said he would clean it with Saline and bandage it. I told him I still had 20 to ride and that I'd let it coagulate. He laughed and said "Right On!" I didn't know people still said right on:)
3. We got bagels at Brugger's Bagels in CDM (Corona Del Mar or Crown of the Sea I believe). Gotta have fuel for rides over 30 or you get pooped out.
4. Small curbs, high speeds and water do not mix! I tried (unsuccessfully) to go into a driveway near main beach, my back tire didn't clear and I went sliding for about 30 feet down the side-walk. My bike light exploded and so did some of my skin (knee, ankle, calf, thumb and chest).
5. When cleaning out bike wounds you really got to get in there and scrub out any potential infection. I used natural soap from whole foods and it was mild and didn't sting. It also didn't hurt that I started shaving my legs for all the cycling we are doing so I don't have to worry about the hair infecting the wounds. Lastly, add Neosporin plus Pain for those wounds to heal faster and I should be golden in a few days. Tomorrow will suck on our long run (my shoe and sock are going to rub my wounded ankle), but what can you do?

All in all interesting day so far!

Happy Fourth of July Weekend!

Troy and Natalie


No comments:

Blog Archive